Eliminating the amount of heat loss within buildings is essential in today’s construction. This is no exception for doors and windows, where as much as 20% heat loss can occur, resulting in both higher expenses moisture exposure. The ROCKCLOSE eliminates the chances of heat loss effectively minimising thermal bridging.
*Always Refer Back To The Manufactures Specification DocumentDownload Specification Enquire Now
ROCKCLOSE® is an insulated damp proof course, developed to minimise thermal bridging at door and window reveals in masonry cavity walls. The product consists of a strip of semi-rigid non-combustible stone wool insulation, bonded to a black polyethylene DPC. Installed as work proceeds between the outer masonry leaf and internal closer block prior to the frames being fitted.
ROCKCLOSE® is an insulated cavity closer. The product is designed to minimise thermal bridging around windows and doors in first-fix cavity wall installations with a returning inside leaf.
Designed to be installed as work proceeds between the outer masonry leaf and internal closer block prior to the frames being fitted. The product consists of a strip of semirigid non-combustible ROCKWOOL insulation, bonded to a black polyethylene DPC.
• Minimises thermal bridging around openings
• Integral damp proof course
• One-hour fire integrity and 30 minutes insulation
• One width covers most applications
• Self-supporting and easy to handle
• Simple to install
ROCKCLOSE® has been specifically developed to minimise thermal bridging at door and window reveals whilst also providing a fire-resistant cavity closer.
The effect of thermal bridging has been a long-recognised problem, which has been given even greater significance under the new Part L Building Regulations.
In a typical building, as much as 20% heat loss can occur around door and window reveals if not correctly addressed. Building Regulations require that thermal bridges that occur at junctions between building elements are included in the calculation of transmission heat losses.
ROCKWOOL ROCKCLOSE® is suitable for vertical and horizontal applications and is designed to be installed as work proceeds, between the outer masonry leaf and closing inner leaf prior to fitting of window and door frames. The product can be easily cut on site as required, but always ensure the 100mm DPC lap is retained.
• Where more than one length is required, the adjoining lengths of insulation are simply tightly butt jointed together.
• The upper piece must be installed with the 100mm DPC overlap at the bottom, dressed over the DPC face of the lower piece.
• DPC side laps: The DPC overlaps the insulation by 40mm on each side. On the cavity side, the DPC should extend into the cavity along the inside face of the outer leaf. On the opening side, the DPC should be formed against the window/ door frame and sill in the traditional method.
• Installation must follow normal good practice for the detailing of DPCs, as set out in BS EN 1996-2: 2006, BS 8000-3: 2001 & BS 8215.